All FHA Loans are insured by the Federal Housing Administration. The Federal Housing Administration sets the standards for documentation requirements for FHA Home Loans in the United States. Underwriters have delegated underwriting authority from the Federal Housing Administration to ensure all underwritten loan files meet the minimum documentation requirements for an FHA insured mortgage.
Here is a list of commonly required documents for an FHA Loan:
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- 2 Years most recent Federal Income Tax Returns (Form 1040 – Personal)
- 2 years most recent W-2 Forms
- 1 month most recent pay stubs (4 stubs if paid weekly; 3 stubs if paid bi-weekly, 2 stubs if paid semi-monthly, 1 stub if paid monthly)
- 2 months most recent bank statements (All pages, even if the last page is blank and with no mark outs)
- 401k/Retirement accounts – most recent statement to cover 60 days or longer
Please have these documents ready to submit to your lender for review. The more organized you are, the smoother your loan process will be.